Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Place Pond Pics Here!

Pamarosa Pond

Sending along a picture of my pond, one of my large Butterfly Koi and my well trained Herron Chaser in Chino Valley, AZ.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond.jpg   Tango.jpg   Herron Catcher.jpg  

Wow

OMG, thats one big Koi!!! ours are about 3-4" long, we got little ones because of the price, and to not overfill the pond, becasue we weren't sure how many big ones it would take, and if they grow to fit the size of the pond (yours will end up weighing 200 lbs!!! we wanted to get them small enough to grow to the right size...here is a pix of "herbie" eating at night with the pond lights on him
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG0861 (2).JPG  

Wow, that is a huge koi too!! Love the night picture. Great job!!

mvhockey Guest

New to Fourm

And new to the pond hobby. Here is a picture of my ..some kind of water pond garden sculpture.. (not finished) I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions as time goes on. I am glad there are people that start and manage suites like this, it sure helps out all of us beginners complete a wonderful water garden.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0312.JPG   IMG_0310.JPG   IMG_0313.JPG  

Lovely water garden

Wow, that is really taking shape. Are those Agapanthas (Spelled wrong)
    in the pots on the side. They are one of my favorites. I can grow them here at almost 5000 ft. elevation, but I tuck them in with boulders to keep them warmer in the winter. I love their blooms, they will be beautiful around your pond area. Do you have fish in your pond? Enjoy!! Pam

mvhockey Guest

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Pamarosa
    Wow, that is really taking shape. Are those Agapanthas (Spelled wrong)
    in the pots on the side. They are one of my favorites. I can grow them here at almost 5000 ft. elevation, but I tuck them in with boulders to keep them warmer in the winter. I love their blooms, they will be beautiful around your pond area. Do you have fish in your pond? Enjoy!! Pam

Well to tell you the truth I don't know anything about plants, ponds, rocks, or pond fish. I do know about fish in fish tanks. This entire project happen because I took out all of the wood border planters that were infested with bugs and falling apart. I had the prefab waterfall (came with the house when we bought it) and my wife liked it.... I thought it was out of place.... so I decided to try to bled man made with the nature look. Do I have fish? No. I didn't plan to, because we have two fish tanks and I can just imagine what the up keep would be with fish in that small of an area. Mostly I did it for the look and sound of the water. I have been working on this project for about 2 month and have found myself becoming addicted to this hobbies. Thank You for your nice comments.

Rich

mvhockey Guest

I Love the LAKE

Sending along a picture of my pond, one of my large Butterfly Koi and my well trained Herron Chaser in Chino Valley, AZ.

Your pond is absolutely beautiful and natural. If I had that much room in my yard I think I would build a hockey rink. lol

Talking Pond in Illinois

Here are some photos of my Illinois Pond at 2yrs in the making. I am waiting for plants to grow this year to take photos!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0822.jpg   DSC00918.JPG   100_0819.jpg  
    Last edited by Bailey's Pond; 06-02-2006 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Adding photos

Pond Chaser

I love your herron chaser. I have the same one. My Jack Russell loves to chase the frogs around the pond!!

I love your pond Bailey. The water looks really clear. Good job !!!! How many gallons is it? I have a 450 gal. But, I like the size of yours. Mabe some day I can get the hubby to dig some more !!!
    Doreen

Welcome Bailey, I love your pond and I'm jellous of the crystel clear water. I'm haveing trouble with mine right now. What water way is beond you there?
    Who Needs A Therapist When You Have A Pond
    Happyoutsidegirl,Debbie
    BE An Organ Donor

Threads with photos like this are my favorites. It's almost like reading a pond book.

My wife's mom was the recipient of my last project. 3 small falls and a pond with moss rock and river rock.

I was shocked to find 3 drain lines converging right under the location of the lowest fall. That was an interesting re-routing project. Had to go both directions around the pond and then merge them again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails falls300px.JPG  

my pond has been in almost 3 months and im loving it except the string algae outbreak im dealing with right now. the pond is about 15x10x2.5 and has 5 koi, 3 algae eaters and 10 or so mosquito eaters. comments and suggetions are welcomed!

Falls, small stream and pond

better view of the stream

four lillies (two in the middle only have a few pads and are small), and two i dont know whats....the landscaper put them in.

My Shiba Inu, Ninja enjoying the stream.

Wink

OK...I'm in on the FUN!!

Last edited by f8th; 06-04-2006 at 08:17 PM.
    f8th
    Happy as a clam...ahh koi
    ....Got fish?

Woodrow1313 Guest

Newbies 1st try

Here is my first post and my first waterfall...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wf2.JPG 
Views:	1338 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	5663

Nice, edges are done properly...clean looking. Well done!
    Visit www.splashofnature.com

"Setting still landscapes into motion!"

My pond is about 500 gal according to a pond guy that helped me co-install it. Personally, I think it might be a little more. The secret to my clear water is the UV Light, the Frog on the left side. I had pea green soup for water until I put that baby in. Presto, clear water. I still have blanket algae but at least I can see the bottom.

The water in the background is the Fox River which is a chain of lakes in Northern Illinois.

There are so many beautiful and varied examples already posted that I just had to post mine.

This is a shot of my second pond. It's about 480 gals and about 26" deep. More images are at: http://ourpage.com/pond2

Cordially,
    Gerry D
    Last edited by Gerry_D; 07-03-2006 at 09:41 PM.

Got my stream last week!
    The 1st 2 pics are from last year with just the pond, and the last 4 are the stream added. I am loving it!

Last edited by Travesty; 06-08-2006 at 08:17 PM.
    Build Bridges, Don't Burn Them.

Well she is finally coming along
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond Front view.jpg  
    … The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

My turn. We filled in a swimming pool to build this one...

All the pond pics here show great ponds,but that is the most amazing pond I have ever seen,its truly beautiful,how old is it ?
    Shirley

All the ponds are just beautiful! I love the driftwood in the pond, it looks so good! Do you buy it or is it just stuff from the yard? Does it have to be treated? I really like it, but didn't know if I could just pick it up off the ground and use it.
    DENISE

Quote Originally Posted by shirl
    All the pond pics here show great ponds,but that is the most amazing pond I have ever seen,its truly beautiful,how old is it ?
    Thank you Shirl I truly apprieciate the compliment.
    These pics were taken in June of 05 and the pond was put in the ground in July 03. I wish I had some pics from this year, it looks even better.

Denise, The driftwood was just picked up in the woods and washed off with bleach and water.

Here are a few more of it taken in October of '05. I love the New England fall colors.

bioman Guest

Nice ponds

Please check out www.underwaterwarehouse.com for a large selection of pond supplies. The guys there are great!

Here is a pic of a pond they installed for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 118_1819.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    Please check out www.underwaterwarehoes.com for a large selection of pond supplies. The guys there are great!

Here is a pic of a pond they installed for me.
    Let me see if I have this right... In this post, the warehouse is "those guys" but in the post about the lights, it's "we carry" and "call us".

Doesn't take a detective to figure out that you work for the warehouse and are just here to pimp yourself out. At least be honest about it for crying out loud. Take pride in your company and the fact that you installed that pond.

Cool New Pics from my Illinois Pond

My plants have started to grow a bit so I decided to post some 2006 photos of my pond. The other ones I posted were from last season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1392.JPG   100_1393.JPG   100_1394.JPG  

Pond pix

Pond

Waterfalls

Hyacinth and sarracenia

Talking My humble beginnings into wonderful world of ponds

Here is my pond. I recently added a uv filter and a more powerful pump. The water is still a bit discolored but there is change in clarity.

paul
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow is a Mystery
    Today is a Gift...thats Y its called the Present

Pond in Edmonton AB

My Husband and I built our first pond last August.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1218.JPG   DSCN1222.JPG   DSCN1225.JPG   DSCN1258.JPG   DSCN1261.JPG  

About Watergardening.com

Watergardening.com is a forum devoted to water feature enthusiasts all over the world.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube RSS Feed