Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Place Pond Pics Here!

Installer

Quote Originally Posted by Alex053
    my pond has been in almost 3 months and im loving it except the string algae outbreak im dealing with right now. the pond is about 15x10x2.5 and has 5 koi, 3 algae eaters and 10 or so mosquito eaters. comments and suggetions are welcomed!

Falls, small stream and pond

better view of the stream

four lillies (two in the middle only have a few pads and are small), and two i dont know whats....the landscaper put them in.

My Shiba Inu, Ninja enjoying the stream.

Alex- is your installer Mike from Innovative?

I put on pond in and now I cant stop

I love everything about ponds. I could build them and work on them all day. I just love them. Here are a few pics of ponds Ive built. Im still learning alot so any tips would be great

thanks

jeremiah
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 102_1071.JPG   000_0169.JPG   102_1072.JPG   102_1114.JPG   102_1124.JPG  

Aren't we the LUCKIEST people on earth!!! this pond is the culmination of many many dreams....i can't stay away from it...and i so enjoy seeing all of your beautiful pictures!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG1004 (2).JPG   CIMG1007 (2).JPG   CIMG1010 (2).JPG   CIMG1005 (2).JPG   CIMG0899 (2).JPG  

few more...i want to commend you all on your clean neat ponds, i went ton a pond tour this weekend and never say so many poorly maintained ponds...i would be embarrased to put my pond on the tour if it looked like that!! they must not read much about balance, plants/fish ratioo, etc...about 3 out of 10 looked cared for...there was even one with NO rocks...just liner, you could see pipes in the water, even, and a couple of Koi and a bass!! nasty....
    anyway....i enjoy seeing all of your pix, thanks for indulging me...and truly, these pix are some of the most beautiful i have ever seen...ok, gotta go feed the fish and go to bed...little devils like to eat at night!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG0896 (2).JPG   CIMG0935 (2).JPG   CIMG0884 (2).JPG   CIMG0971 (3).JPG  

Buttercup, in your second photo near the bottom left, the plants with the saucer shaped leaves are those Nasturtiums?

I too would like to reiterate how beautiful all the ponds are, I could sit and browse through the pictures all day looking for ideas.

no, not Nasturtiums, it is Penny Wart...most seems to float, but mine is standing straight up, probably where i have it planted...it is sending out shoots..i hear it is agressive and i will need to keep a good eye on it so it doesn't take over....
    have you ever put impatients in your pond?? i heard somewhere, maybe here, that is does well in the water...just curious...
    gay

What gorgeous ponds. I love looking at other peoples ponds and getting ideas. The ponds do look very clean. It took alot of hard work for me, but getting the BW under control, paid off with a nice clean pond. Hope it don't come back next year.
    Doreen

I am a newbie, but love looking at everyones work and getting the helpful hints.

This is the pond in progress.

Just replaced the liner in May and dug the "pit" in the deepend, moved the whole thing out 2 feet on the sides and one foot on the skimmer end.

Some plants and such, but still working on my little "falls"

No rocks in the bottom of the 2nd and 3rd section, I want BIG ones and we just can not do it this year!

The little falls goes into a shallow pool, then the deeper pool has a fountain, and then the "pit" has a spitter.

The water lilies are just now spreading to cover about half of the "middle" section.

I have mini cat tails, and some other stuff in there, but it is slow going.

My 5 big goldfish from last year and some small gold fish from this year are doing well, but I have had an attack of string algae that I will work on this weekend..

My water was gin clear until the string algae showed up.. what a mess!

Everyone has beautiful ponds!

I love to work in the pond, it is my biggest stress reducer.

Pond in progress....

I hope this works....

Here is one of two ponds going in our backyard. I have a red-eared slider who must have his own pond because he likes to eat the tails of my fish. He gets the unattractive prefab pond.

The other pond will go down below the wall after the corn is done. My husband would not appreciate me taking it out yet although it is very tempting because I'm itching to start digging. I am hoping to put a water fall from the upper corner area down to the lower pond with a bridge to the seating area on the left.

Does anyone know what size pump I should have for a pond approx. 8 x 7 x 3 deep with a 4-6 ft long waterfall? Right know the only pump I have is in the turtle pond.

I love looking at all the other pic., they are very inspiring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pond 001.jpg   pond 005.jpg  

we had our first ever water lillies born today!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails first water lillys (2).jpg   newborn lillys.jpg  

Buttercup they are gorgeous,I think my pond is to small for Lilies,I would love to have one.I'm not giving up though still trying to source dwarf ones.
    Heres some updated pics of my pond 10 weeks on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new 1.JPG   new 2.JPG   new 3.JPG   new 4.JPG   fish 1.JPG  

Shirley

Hi Shirley, I had a mini in my little 65 gal pond. One covered it all.LOL! I have 2 different colors now in my shallows of the big pond. I know Drsfostersmith.com carry them. Try there.
    Who Needs A Therapist When You Have A Pond
    Happyoutsidegirl,Debbie
    BE An Organ Donor

All the ponds are beautiful. It is amazing how many different things we can do with water, rocks, and plants.

Carol
    Pondpuppy

Talking do pics include videos?

Just an experiment, hosted on my site.
    You'll go there if you open the link below the thumbnail.

http://ourpage.com/pond2/video.htm

Completed about a month ago, aprox 470 gals. 3 Koi, largerst is about 11", and about 9 small "feeder" goldfish.
    Feedback requested, thnx!
    Cordially,
    Gerry D
    http://ourpage.com/pond2

Those videos are so cool! Good thing I have high speed internet.
    Dorothy

Shirley,
    your plants are SO pretty...are those flowering plants impatients?? if so how do you plant them..in dirt, float?? what?? and that sweet little lacey flaoter, what is that?? imust have some of all of that!!!
    I have decided to create a watergarden in a pot or birdbath..maybe not this season, but for sure next..then we will have the flagstone patio and gazebo in and the area will be pretty much finished, then i want to create a watergarden that flows out over the edges of the container, and that small little delicate floater and minature water lilly's would be so pretty...another project on my LONG list!! we have been asked to be on the pond tour next year and we are so excited, but have alot of finishing up and tweaking to do but we have a year....
    gay

Thanks for the compliments Buttercup,yes those white flowers are Impatiens,they are just stuck in between the rocks bare rooted,I always think white flowers look very pretty and tranquil by water,The lacy looking plant is called Azolla Filiculoides,more commonly known as Fairy Moss,its a great little floater plant,it spreads really quickly but is easily controlled,just scoop out what dont want.Parrots feather would be great for your project too as it will cascade over the edges.Thats great about the tour..if theres any thing else I can help with let me know
    Shirley

Buttercup and Shirl your ponds and plants look wonderful! Buttercup what is that lovely tall red plant in the right side of the pix? Do you know if it's very hardy? I really like it! Thanks
    Happyoutsidegirl,Debbie
    BE An Organ Donor

my pond

happy so sorry to take so ling to answer...i will remember the name and let you know...hard getting old...it is really beautiful and the most clear red...it kinda falls down and begins to vine around like parrots feater almost...shooot....i'll remeber (or ask my husb) and let you know tomorrow...sorry...

Im new to the message board and here is some pictures of my 8' X11' ADI pond. Any comments or questions are always welcome!!
    I have 4 koi and some shubunkins.
    Enjoy!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Before.JPG   IMG_0229.JPG   IMG_0230.JPG   pond at night!!.JPG   IMG_0261.JPG  

Here is some more pics... I can't believe its been almost 4 months since I first built it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails another before pic.JPG   berm area.JPG  
    Last edited by noah's pond; 07-15-2006 at 04:59 PM.

Welcome aboard Noaha Nice looking pond. I hope you become as hopelessly adicted as all of us
    Last edited by happyoutsidegirl; 07-18-2006 at 11:31 AM.
    Happyoutsidegirl,Debbie
    BE An Organ Donor

Hi Happy
    I already PM'd you and told you the red plant was a Lobelia..now i will send a pix of it..and a few more...teehee..can NEVER resist!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG1137 (2).JPG   fish (2).jpg   lobrlia (2).jpg   stream (2).jpg  
    Last edited by buttercup; 07-18-2006 at 06:43 AM.

Very Nice Buttercup. Yes I got your pm thank you, Hope you got my reply. I'm still working on plants in and out of pond. There is sooooo much space to cover tho it is taking much longer than I had hoped. It keeps me broke and out of trouble tho!
    Happyoutsidegirl,Debbie
    BE An Organ Donor

New Pond - Still in Process

Here's some pics of the pond that hubby & I are putting in at our house. Still need some more rocks & landscaping, but I'm waiting for the 95+ degree temps to cool off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-007S.JPG   MVC-009S.JPG   MVC-013S.JPG   MVC-016S.JPG  
    Denise

here is mine we have done all by ourselves. not finished by no means. but we love it and will have finished soon maybe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ccc.JPG   aa.JPG  
    live each day like it was your last

couple more pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ddd.JPG   bbb.JPG  
    live each day like it was your last

here are my fish at night..i think the pix turned out great...we are working on our patio this weekend...the dirt removal stage..uck!! but we wil be one step closer to having a real fool as opposed to DIRT!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG1226 (2).JPG   CIMG1246 (2).JPG   CIMG1237 (2).JPG   CIMG1244 (2).JPG  

Sassy and Denise, your ponds are really nice! Good job to you both. I hope you turlly enjoy them as much as I do even threw the bad stages.
    Happyoutsidegirl,Debbie
    BE An Organ Donor

About Watergardening.com

Watergardening.com is a forum devoted to water feature enthusiasts all over the world.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube RSS Feed