Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Place Pond Pics Here!

I don't understand why some come up as thumbnails, and others are full-sized and take "forever" to load. I thought Conor had changed it to all thumbnails. Anyone know what's going on? It's the same on other threads as well.

hi linda..i am wondering too...but mine don't come up as thumbnails, they come up as links that i have to click and then the pix opens up in another window..annoying, and i have tole the person that is working on it, but have not heard anything back...

Hexum's pics mess up this whole thread for me, I love looking at pic's of other's ponds & his/her's take forever to load (not to mention they're blurry), so I end up giving up on the thread

Wow this is straing? I get the thumbnails fine? and everything is working ok for me??? Maybe it's your browesers????
    Who Needs A Therapist When You Have A Pond
    Happyoutsidegirl,Debbie
    BE An Organ Donor

Quote Originally Posted by happyoutsidegir
    Wow this is straing? I get the thumbnails fine? and everything is working ok for me??? Maybe it's your browesers????
    most are thumbnails, some are links .... Hexum's come up huge & take forever to load

I'm using Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by Linda2
    I don't understand why some come up as thumbnails, and others are full-sized and take "forever" to load. I thought Conor had changed it to all thumbnails. Anyone know what's going on? It's the same on other threads as well.
    It has to do with the fact that theres 2 ways to add pics to a post. One is by uploading them as attachments.. where they'll come up as thumbnails.

The other is by using [IMG] tags to include pics if the pics are already uploaded to a web page somewhere else. When a person does it that way, it bypasses the thumbnail concept.

Hexum's for one are like that. Compunded by the fact that the image size of each pic is like 2000x1300.
    My Pond Pics Here

I've come to the conclusion that theres only one question in regards to ponding that can be answered simply and with absolute certainty..... "Do I have to add water before I add fish?"

Every other question must be answered starting with "It depends".

Pond Pictures

Hey all here are a few pics of my new pond it's only been 3 weeks or so , but it's "coming" along. If I could only get a few more hours in a day.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pond1.jpg   pond3a.jpg   pond3.jpg   pond5.jpg   pond9.jpg  

So far so good Reddog. A few more rocks and some plants around it and you'v got it.
    Happyoutsidegirl,Debbie
    BE An Organ Donor

yeah those pics are a few days old, I finished the rocks around it last night, I do need more plants though. My cattails are potted in the pond just been in there a few days. The had to be cut down for shipping. It's kinda hard to tell but there are 25 hyacinths, 3 large lilys, 3 cattails, 3 blue iris's, parrots feather and the ancaris grass of course. I'll take some newer pics tonight.

Just seems like I could spend all day and night in and around my pond.

Reddog80p

Nice looking reddog. The water plants are growing nice and healthy.

Here's a couple of new picture of my pond that I took today. My constant work in progress.

The plants are filling in nicely, it's still clear and the fish are thriving. I'm happy.

- Susan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 072406002small.JPG   072406004small.JPG  

Wow! great looking pond Susan, good job!
    Happyoutsidegirl,Debbie
    BE An Organ Donor

Pond Pics, Wisconsin

The good part, over ten years to get here. Located in the Milwaukee area, approximately 1200 gallons, with a deep area of 38 inches.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pond posting 036.jpg   pond posting 038.jpg   pond posting 042.jpg   pond posting 044.jpg   pond posting 048.jpg  

mkepond, very nice! I love your little dragon. It's like he is guarding the pond. How many lilies do you have planted there?

~Melanie~

Cool

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 040.jpg 
Views:	1145 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	6411What do you think?

Gorgeous ponds,all of them!
    Shirley

Wow! That is gorgious DTMika, Is that red and amber lens your using?
    Happyoutsidegirl,Debbie
    BE An Organ Donor

Trying to post picture of my pond...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 016.jpg  

Very Nice Suzanne, Can't you hardley wait for all the plants in and out of the pond to fill in? I just sit out there and stare at them saying grow damit grow!
    Happyoutsidegirl,Debbie
    BE An Organ Donor

Quote Originally Posted by shewzy
    Alex- is your installer Mike from Innovative?
    ya...mike did the install

sunnydaze-
    There are three lillies in the center, deep area and one in the deeper of the shallow ends. The lillies in the deep section are in five gallon pots, that sit on milk crates. That allows the fish to hide underneath them. I had to cut some larger opening in the sides as some of the current fish are scarred from forcing their way thru a too small opening.

The rest of the floaters are (is) water lettuce.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pond posting 053.jpg   pond posting 043.jpg  

almost done!

Hi there. I'm new here. We had a teeny pond in this space and tore it out and tried to fill the space as much as possible. We bought the signature series pond kit and went to town. 5 weeks later (ugh) this is what we have! It sits in the middle of our deck and has a walkway around it. Love Love Love it! Still needs a little work but it's almost there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ahpond2.jpg  

My pond after uv filter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM0486.jpg  
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow is a Mystery
    Today is a Gift...thats Y its called the Present

my pond

This was early spring, now all the plants have went crazy

pond luvr, those are some rocks you have! They're beautiful.
    Susan

Smile pond

here is another pic.... planning on putting in a pond using a liner soon rather than this prefab pond. Thanks to all your advice my water is clear, plants are growing, and the fish are happy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM0487.jpg  
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow is a Mystery
    Today is a Gift...thats Y its called the Present

my pond. finally got rid of the string algae

All these ponds are just beautiful. It amazes me how many different things one can do with rocks, water and plants. This time next summer all the plants will have matured, and the ponds will look like they have been there forever.

Carol
    Pondpuppy

All the new ponds are great! Isn't it just amazing and awsome how Wonderfully talented and exspressive we all are just for love of our pond?
    Happyoutsidegirl,Debbie
    BE An Organ Donor

i am trying out a new camera and i am going to post a couple of pix and see how they look...always got a new pond/surrounding area pix...
    ITS RAINING!!! and cooling off for a day or two, then back to 100d, but it can't last forever!! right?? we need to get our pavers installed so we can sit on somehting othre than dirt...this is what i hate about diy projects...seems to take forever, but husb won't go out and work in 107d...whats up with that!!??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG0017.JPG   CIMG0062.JPG   CIMG0001.JPG   CIMG0012.JPG   CIMG0010.JPG  

About Watergardening.com

Watergardening.com is a forum devoted to water feature enthusiasts all over the world.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube RSS Feed